Assistant Dean of Students, CARE Case Manager, workplace regarding the Dean of pupils
Please be aware:
- Extra documents needs to be added in the bottom associated with 3rd display under the “My Experience. “
- Internal prospects must apply through the career portal that is internal. Usually do not continue together with your application with this web site.
- USUALLY DO NOT complete the application form without the needed accessories as you shall struggle to modify the application.
** employment cover letter necessary for all roles and optional for facilities, campus solutions, and hospitality roles unless otherwise specified.
Job Explanation Overview
Coordinates instance administration, day-to-day operations, and record management of the WFU Behavioral Intervention Team (CARE Team) and scholar Incident Team and works in collaboration with University and community lovers. Extra tasks consist of caring outreach to students and families experiencing crises, community training and outreach, assessment for CARE and Case Management, appropriate unique tasks, as well as other case that is general duties for the workplace regarding the Dean of pupils.
- Provides case administration for pupils, faculty, and staff experiencing individual, medical, or psychological crises that are health-related. Including assisting individuals become linked to on- and support that is off-campus, developing relationships with area hospitals to start communication between care providers to get continuity of care, supplying help to parents and families that journey to the city to help a loved one in crisis, interacting properly along with events included, and participating in prompt documentation.
- Functions as a main point of contact for WFU community regarding individuals of concern and/or possible threats. In times during the pupil crisis intervention, reacts as required, included in an administrator on call rotation.
- Provides ongoing development and supply of outreach training into the community that is WFU. Subjects are the recognition and recommendation of people of concern in addition to possible threats to your community that is WFU. Outreach to incorporate undergraduate and graduate students is a component that is vital of training.
- Maintains situation records and offers accurate and thorough documents of weekly CARE Team meetings, emergent issues in scholar Incident Team and Threat Assessment conferences, in addition to tasks through the entire week. In charge of keeping CARE system information and reporting.
- Provides support for several CARE Team tasks ( e.g stripchat mobile., regular and random conferences, regular trainings on- and off-campus, regular summary of Team procedure and protocols, yearly retreat/strategy conferences).
- Oversees assessment and benchmarking initiatives to enhance CARE Team and Case Management functioning and mirror the complexity of this work, recognize training and training requirements for people in the city, and enhance quality of care provided to pupils and families looking for help and/or experiencing crises.
- Stays abreast of campus and national styles when you look at the aspects of behavioral intervention and threat assessment/management in degree and it is in charge of integrating into training and routine system review.
- Carries out unique jobs as instructed by the Dean of Students.
Needed Education, Knowledge, Techniques, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Perform, Psychology, Counseling, Public wellness, Human solutions, or relevant field and couple of years of appropriate work experience.
- Power to communicate with students and parents of varied social, social, economic and backgrounds that are educational.
- Exceptional social interaction skills; power to communicate effortlessly and work nicely in an environment that is team-oriented.
- Capacity to evaluate details about prospective threats and/or individuals of concern.
- Power to skillfully and properly handle painful and sensitive, personal product and information.
- Knowledge, experience, and convenience with psychological state issues and signs.
- Familiarity with danger and protective facets and indicators regarding targeted violence.
- Power to synthesize and summarize considerable amounts of data, document information electronically in a prompt way, and verbally talk to appropriate stakeholders as warranted.
- Capability to effectively communicate and develop partnerships for the campus and district about area resources to constituency teams.
- Skill in utilizing technology to trace and handle specific situations since well as assess and report on campus styles.
- Understanding of present laws highly relevant to work with advanced schooling (for example., Title II, III, & IX; FERPA; HIPAA; etc.).
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Techniques, Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Social Perform, Counseling, degree Administration, or field that is related.
- 3 to 5 many years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with threat evaluation in companies, especially in degree a bonus.
- This place reports towards the Dean of Students and Associate Vice President for Campus lifestyle.
- Supervises the CARE Case Manager therefore the Case Manager and Coordinator for Chinese scholar Life.
Extra Job Description
Time Type Requirement
Complete time Note to Applicant:
This place profile identifies the main element duties and objectives for performance. It cannot encompass all particular task tasks that a member of staff can be needed to perform. Employees have to follow every other instructions that are job-related perform job-related duties as can be fairly assigned by his/her supervisor.
To be able to offer a secure and effective learning and residing community, Wake Forest University conducts back ground investigations and medication displays for several last staff applicants being considered for work.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while marketing an comprehensive work place invested in quality in the character of Pro Humanitate. The University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply in adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies.